Monday, May 14, 2007

Test Of My Own....

Friday, May 04, 2007

Current mood: optimistic

I spent most of my afternoon reading in spanish, four o'clock rolls around and I'm craving a a delicious bread called almojabana. I decide I should definately go down to the bakery and grab a couple. Here's the thing, my dad mentioned something about the locks on the door acting up and everytime I've gone out by myself there has been someone home to let me in. Well, I'm craving this bread but I want to make sure my key works...so what do I do? but step outside let the door close so I can try out my key...yup definately didn't open up. oops.

I keep trying and trying, the bottom lock unlocks just fine, but the top one is killing me. The key goes half way in, so I keep taking it out and trying again. Finally it goes all the way in the hole! But just my luck, the key won't turn. Yup. This is at about 435, I know that someone will come home at around 6. So I just have to sit and entertain myself till then. Man, I should've grabbed my money and a book...nah life doesn't make things that easy! So I walk around the complex, sit down at a bench to people watch and daydream...a couple of teenagers walk by laughing and one of the girls comes and sits next to me. She starts talking to me and introduces herself, it was quite funny because she was very talktive about things I had no idea about. She asked me if I knew this one girl who lived in the complex, I said no. And she went on to introduce her friends, who were kinda of embarassed that their friend was telling all this to me, a stranger. Maybe she was drunk, I don't know. It was amusing for the 10 minutes she talked to me though.

An hour goes by, I go and try the key again...nothing. I don't even have my dad's phone number memorized yet. I don't really know any of the neighbors but they all stare at me as I walked by them. I sit on a ledge of this garden and just stare outside...then I realize it's getting kind of cold but by this time it's almost 6, yes! Someone will be home soon...

My dad's girlfriend usually comes home at 6, so I'm anxious. I feel dumb but really was it my fault that the key and lock suck?? I start walking up and down the stairs to entertain myself. Around 630, ah ha! Here comes my dad's girlfriend, I tell her I only waited for an hour so she didn't feel bad. I ran to the bathroom, then put on a sweater since I got so chilly, and sat on my bed. I took a deep breath and then asked myself was this a test of my patience?

Geez I hope so and I hope I passed because that was a long 2 hours. Two hours of time I won't get back, but then again do I really want them back? Situations like that seem like a waste of time but then I realize the thinking and the daydreaming I did was good, and I'll always look back on this and laugh at myself. Because wow, that was dumb:)

Cheers!

No comments: