Friday, April 27, 2007

So Far

Current mood: determined

so yesterday i went out into the city with my dad, and wow. the atomosphere of the city is so different, well compared to my life in ames...uh heck yeah it's different.
i love the little stands put up selling fruit, food, jewelery, clothes, little gadgets and gismos. it's amazing to think they put it up every day because that's the way they live life. the cars don't stop for anyone crossing the streets, so looking both ways is absolutely crucial.

money is in pesos and i have no idea how to even begin to manage it. granted i don't plan on learning that within the two day i've been here but man i got a lot left to learn. i don't know where i left my hair ties or if i just plan forgot them because I remember packing a bunch of them in a baggie...where they went? no idea. i only had one with me, and i went out to buy more at this shop down the street from where we live. The guy had a whole pack of them and he said $300 pesos, which isn't alot, and i was like alright yeah thinking it was for the whole pack of like 8 hair ties....nope. $300 pesos for one hairties. it totally phased me that they sell things by the individual rather than the pack. i laughed at myself.

then we went to the cell phone store for me to get a phone, after an hour (long story), we turned to leave. there was a security guard at the door with one of those metal detector wands. he looked at me and smiled, instantly i raised my arms thinking he was gonna wave his wand over me...he got a good laugh out of that and asked me why i did that. i told him i had no idea what to do and turned and left. wow talk about dumb:) but it's that sort of stuff that i learn from and realize that this transition is gonna be a challenge. one that i'm ready for and prepared to do.

love you long time.

No comments: